Maxme wants to help you grow as a person by helping you develop skills, leverage knowledge and apply practical techniques to supplement their human skill competence. In order do this, we need to understand how you use and interact with the services we provide on our site and application.
In order to deliver an exceptional service that is personalised and relevant to you, we need to collect certain information from you. This policy governs the collection, storage and use of Personal and Non Personal Information.
This policy will govern;
a. what information we collect from and about you;
b. how we use the information we collect;
c. how we store the information we have;
d. how we share the information we collect and if we transfer it internationally, what does this mean;
e. your right to access information we hold about you and amend it as required.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our obligations and your rights in relation to personal and other information.
- any reference to “Maxme”, “us”, “we” or “our” means Maxme Pty Ltd ABN 53 634 179 427
- App means the Hodie mobile application operated by us
- Non Personal Information means general information you provide us other than Personal Information.
- Personal Information means Information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
- Site means a site operated by us and any other domain that we may use from time to time.
How do we collect non-Personal Information?
Our preference always is to collect Personal and Non Personal Information directly from you.
When you visit our Site and App, we collect Personal and Non-Personal Information from you including, without limitation, your name and surname, which sections of the Site and App are most frequently visited, how often and for how long.
We use Personal Information we collect to open an account for you and to enable you to use the Site and App. We collect Non Personal Information from you to assist us to provide you with more accurate and targeted services.
Non Personal Information is always used as aggregated. We may analyse this non-Personal Information and release it to third parties in an aggregated form without sharing user-recognisable data and we do that in order to better our services.
What Personal Information do we collect?
We collect the following types of information about you:
Information that you provide to us directly:
(A) Signing up to receive information from us
When you sign up to receive information from us, we may collect the following information (which includes Personal Information) from you:
- First and last name (Personal Information)
- Date of birth
- Country of residence
- Year of tertiary study
- Device identifier, i.e. information on what device, IP-address etc you use to register and log on to the Services
(B) Additional information that we may ask for (optional)
When you use our services, we may ask you to provide us with additional information. This additional information may include:
- links to your social media accounts (including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube); and
- information about your tertiary education year of study and other study related information.
As you continue to use the Services, you may provide Maxme with further personal data. From the nature of the Services, it follows that we must process such data that you upload to the Services to enable the Services.
For example, we will process your goals and tasks, strength and weakness assessment ratings, images and notes related to these to enable the monitoring of your learning and assessments. For us to be able to offer the Services to you, we need to process this data.
Information that we receive from third parties:
We may receive information about you from third parties. If you access our Site or App through a third-party connection or log-in, for example, through Facebook or Google, that third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to us. This information could include, but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account, an access token necessary to access that third party service, any information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information that you have made public in connection with that third party service. If you’d like to unlink your third party account from our Site or App, you can adjust your settings in the third party service and we will no longer receive information collected about you in connection with that service.
We will also receive information relating to your Hodie App purchases and subscriptions from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. We use this information to provide access to paid features through your Hodie App account, however we do not have access to any of your secure payment or profile information contained within your Apple ID or Google Accounts.
Like many websites, when you visit our Site, we automatically collect certain information through the use of “cookies”, web beacons, device identifiers, pixels and other technologies including information about your web browser, IP address and time zone. Whilst this information is Non Personal Information, we will protect it from misuse.
Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using:
- “cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier;
- “log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps; and
- “web beacons”, “tags” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
You can control or reset your cookies through you web browser and, if you choose to, you can refuse all cookies However, some of the features of our Site and/or App may not function properly if you disable the ability to accept cookies.
The Hodie mobile App collects basic device and App usage data including logs of sessions and events (e.g. IP address, device type, time/date of sessions, screen views, key interactions, crashes). This data is used for aggregated reporting to understand app usage and is not used to personally identify individual users.
How do we use your Personal Information?
We use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Providing our products and services: We use the information that you provide to us to provide our products and services. This includes recognising you across different services and devices.
- Communicating with you: We use your contact information to send communications to you about important changes or updates to our products and services. When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, we also provide you with information or advertising relating to our products and services.
- Performing data analytics: We use the information about you to help us improve our products and services, including by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site and App and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Customising our products and services for you: We use information about you to make sure that the Site, App and our products and services are customised to your needs.
- Where you have given your consent: We may seek your consent to use your information for a particular purpose. Where you give your consent for us to do this, we will use your information in accordance with that purpose. You can withdraw your consent to these uses at any time.
For Personal Information subject to the GDPR, we rely on the following legal bases to process this information:
- where you have given your consent for us to use your information;
- where the processing is necessary to perform a contract that we have with you, for example when you purchase our products or services;
- our legitimate business interests, such as improving and developing our products and services and marketing new features or products (but only where our legitimate interest isn’t overridden by your interest in protecting your Personal Information); and
- where it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations.
You may at any time refuse to provide the Personal Information that we request. However, this may limit or prohibit our ability to provide our products and services to you. You may withdraw your consent for us to process your Personal Information at any time by contacting us in accordance with our “Contact us” section below.
Who do we disclose Personal Information to?
We will not disclose Personal Information to third parties unless you consented to such disclosure.
Where required by law: We will use or disclose your Personal and Non Personal Information where we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to:
(a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or a government authority;
(c) to protect the security and integrity of our Site and App; and
(d) to exercise or protect the rights, property or personal safety of Maxme, our customers or others.
If we share Personal Information with third parties, we will ensure that they have the same or similar protection to Personal Information to this Policy. This applies whether the third parties are in Australia or internationally.
We may disclose Personal Information to associated companies and or service providers we use in order to better the service we offer. These third parties include:
- marketing platforms, analytics platforms, communications platforms and contractors who we engage to help process Personal Information and other data;
- government third parties, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies as required, authorised or permitted by law; and
- a third party that acquires or intends to acquire Maxme or its assets.
International transfers of Personal Information
Your Personal Information will be transferred to third parties including to persons and businesses outside Australia including in the United States of America and other countries where the privacy laws may not be as protective. These transfers are made in order to assist us to provide you with the products and services and/or to improve the products and services we offer you. When we transfer information to countries other than your own, we take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipients of such information do not breach the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) in relation to that information by entering into contractual arrangements with such third parties.
International transfers of Personal Information (for users in the EEA)
For our customers in the European Economic Area (EEA), where we transfer your Personal Information to a third party provider that is not located in the EEA and is not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission, we will require those third party providers to enter into an agreement that provides appropriate safeguards for your information. From time to time we may also seek your consent to transfer your Personal Information to a third country outside the EEA.
Changing or deleting your Personal Information
You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” in the relevant communication. You can also choose not to receive App notifications via your Google or Apple account notification settings.
You may also access, review, update, rectify or delete your Personal and Non Personal Information by contacting us. We will respond to all requests within 30 days. Please note that deleting your Personal and Non Personal Information may limit our ability to provide the service to you.
We may charge you a fee to access and correct your Personal and or Non Personal Information.
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it (including encryption and password protection). Each of our employees is aware of our security policies, and your information is only available to those employees who need it to perform their jobs.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet using industry standard technology is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information if the information is transmitted online.
When you join through the Site and/or App, we will maintain your Personal and Non Personal Information you have provided, for our records because we need this information to deliver our products and services to you and for the other purposes set out in the “What Personal Information do we collect?” section. We will retain this information unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Our services and content are targeted to users from age 18 and up. We do not knowingly advertise or collect Personal Information from any individual under the age of 18 and our services and content are not directed at children under the age of 18.
If you are an underage user, we will require consent from your parents and or guardian in order to collect Personal Information from you and provide you with services. If we find out that we have collected Personal Information from any individual under the age of 18 where parental consent is not provided, we will suspend and remove this Personal Information immediately.
Links to other websites and services
Additional rights for EEA customers
If you are a resident of the European Union for the purposes of the GDPR, then in addition to what is set out above, the following applies to you. The GDPR are the EU rules and regulations dealing with privacy.
In providing our products and services to you, we may make use of a number of automated processes using your Personal Information and your activity on our Site and App as tracked by us, in order to provide optimised services to you. In addition to your rights set out above, you may:
If you wish to access your Personal and Non Personal Information, amend it, delete it, withdraw your consent or seek to have a copy of the information we hold about you, please contact us in the details provided below.
If you are unhappy with our data practices, you also have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
If you believe that your Personal Information has been mishandled by us or that we have breached this policy in any way, we invite you to write to our privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to resolve your complaint internally.
If you are dissatisfied with the resolution we offered you, you may file a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
The Commissioner can be contacted on:
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Tel 1300 363 992
Thank you for taking the time to read this. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any queries about the use of your private information - email us at email@example.com